Public Workshop #2 - January 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013
from 04:00 pm to 06:00 pm
|Where||StopWaste.org, 1537 Webster Street, Oakland, CA. (12th St. BART)|
|Add event to calendar||
The workshop provided an overview of submitted projects that will be included in the 2013 Bay Area IRWMP, including the project selection and ranking processes that took place in Fall 2012. The workshop also included presentations on funding sources for water resource management projects, and a facilitated group discussion on strategies to promote collaboration and partnerships on projects.
2013 BAY AREA INTEGRATED REGIONAL WATER MANAGEMENT PLAN UPDATE
The purpose of the workshop was to provide water, flood and watershed agencies and organizations with information about water-related projects and funding sources related to integrated water resource management projects in the Bay Area.
The topics for the workshop included:
- 2013 Bay Area IRWMP Projects – Scoring and Ranking Projects for Inclusion in the Plan – Harry Seraydarian, North Bay Watershed Association and Bay Area IRWMP Project Selection Committee, and
- Financing and Collaboration – Opportunities, Challenges, Successes: Current and Emerging Opportunities for Funding Water Resource Projects;
- Water and wastewater public-private partnerships – Grant Schlereth, ARUP
- Flood management projects – Carol Mahoney, Zone 7 Water Agency
- Non-governmental organization projects – Caitlin Sweeney, San Francisco Estuary Partnership